BAY AREA SCHOOL OF MUSIC, LLC
TO REGISTER PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
Bay Area School Of Music, LLC
Studio Policy 2017-2018
STUDIO POLICY AND AGREEMENT
June 1, 2017 - June 30, 2017
1. Private Lessons - Private individual lessons are conducted on a weekly basis, for either 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes, depending on the assessed level and development of the Student. Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons, to arrive and depart on time, to bring all required materials to class, and to arrive at each class having completed all practice and written assignments.
2. Tuition (“School Year”)
- From August 13, 2017 through June 30, 2018, tuition is charged as a flat monthly rate for private lessons. Classes are charged on a monthly basis, or as a per-session-fee, depending on the class.
- There are 40 (forty) total lessons during the “School Year”, payable in 10 (ten) monthly payments (September 2017 through June 2018). The 2017-2018 Bay Area School of Music, LLC (BASOM) Calendar ensures that students are offered all lessons that are paid for.
- Tuition is due by the 1st of each month.
- Tuition may be paid by bank transfer, credit card, check or cash. Please make checks payable to “Bay Area School of Music” and mail directly to: Bay Area School of Music, 2059 Camden Ave. #240, San Jose, CA 95124. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE CHECKS DIRECTLY TO THE TEACHER.
- Tuition Rates:
3. Tuition (“Summer Months”).
- Lessons for the summer are charged on an individual basis. They must be scheduled and paid for in advance, for the entire summer.
- Students are required to take minimum number of lessons during the summer in order to reserve a spot for the regular school year. Please see our Summer Policy for more details.
4. Late Fee
- There is a late fee of $25 if tuition is received after the 5th day of each month. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks and canceled payments. Returned checks will not be re-deposited.
5. Materials; Activity Fees - The cost of materials and fees for participation in recitals, evaluations, competitions and other activities will be charged separately. Borrowed materials which have been subsequently lost by the Student will be charged the replacement cost.
6. Canceled Lessons and Make-Ups
- There are no refunds and no credits for Lessons or Classes that are missed or canceled by the student, whether such cancellation is anticipated or unanticipated.
- A credit will be issued ONLY if the teacher cancels and a substitute isn’t available or a suitable make-up time is impossible.
- Students will be offered up to 4 make-ups during the School Year, ONLY when 24-hour advance notice is given for the missed lesson. These 4 make-ups MUST be used by the end of July, 2018, or they will be forfeit.
- Make-Ups will only be scheduled ONCE. Students who miss their make-up time forfeit that lesson entirely.
7. Lessons/Classes Policy
- All lessons and classes will be held weekly according to the 2017-2018 BASOM Calendar.
- Teachers will not provide extra time for late arrivals. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late forfeit their lesson time and no makeup, credit, or refund will be given.
- All conversations, discussions and questions concerning issues such as scheduling, curriculum, recitals, and so on, must occur within the scheduled lesson time. Please respect the scheduled lesson times of other students.
- Students must be picked up promptly at the end of each lesson/class.
- Parents, siblings, grandparents, caregivers, and other persons may only stay during the lesson at the Teacher’s discretion.
- House Call Lessons are scheduled with driving times and traffic conditions in mind, so students should expect to start promptly at the scheduled lesson time. However, there can be many variables with traffic conditions and weather on a particular day. If the teacher will be more than 15 minutes late, you will receive a call; in cases of late arrival, the full length of the lesson will still be given.
- Treat the Studio teacher, Studio personnel, other students, and Studio property respectfully.
- Bring required lesson materials and books to each lesson.
- Complete practice and written assignments in a timely manner.
The Studio will provide the Student with verbal or written warnings of breaches in Studio Policy, and the Student has the opportunity to correct or rectify such breaches. Repeated or frequent breaches may result in termination of lessons.
8. Termination of Lessons. Lessons are continuous and ongoing. The Student may terminate lessons for any reason. To terminate lessons, the Student must provide at least one month’s advance written notice to the Studio, during which month the tuition has been paid in full. If the Student does not provide one month’s advance written notice, the Studio shall charge the Student, and the Student shall be liable for, one month’s tuition in full, even if no lessons are provided during that month. The Studio may also terminate lessons for any reason, at the sole discretion of the Studio. If the Studio terminates lessons, tuition will be pro-rated up to the last lesson taken and a refund provided, if applicable.
9. Waiver of Liability; Indemnification. PARENT AND STUDENT HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE STUDIO, ITS OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES (“RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO ON-SITE OR OFF-SITE LESSONS, EVENTS, OR ACTIVITIES (“STUDIO PROGRAMS”), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
PARENT AND STUDENT AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, COSTS, LIABILITIES, OR DAMAGES AGAINST STUDIO ARISING OUT OF STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO PROGRAMS.
10. Dispute Resolution - In the event of any dispute, claim, or disagreement (“Dispute”) arising from this Studio Policy and Agreement, the parties shall use their best efforts to settle the Dispute. To this effect, the parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith, and recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach such solution within a period of sixty (60) days, then upon notice by either party to the other, all Disputes shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
11. Severability - If any term or provision of this Studio Policy and Agreement is illegal or invalid for any reason, such provision is severable from the rest and shall not affect the legality or validity of the remainder of this Studio Policy and Agreement.