BAY AREA SCHOOL OF MUSIC, LLC
TO REGISTER PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
Bay Area School Of Music, LLC
STUDIO POLICY AND AGREEMENT 2019-2020
August 18, 2019 - August 15, 2020
1. Private Lessons Private individual lessons are conducted on a weekly basis, for either 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes, depending on the assessed level and development of the Student.
2. Tuition & Fees: “School Year” (8/18/2019 — 5/31/2020)
Private lessons are charged as a flat monthly rate based on four (4) lessons. Group classes are charged on a per-class basis, or as a full-session fee (see rates, below).
There is a total of 36 lessons, payable in 9 monthly payments.
Invoices are emailed on the 15th of the month.
Tuition is due by the 1st of the month. There is a late fee of $25 if tuition is received after the 5th of the month.
There is a $25 fee for returned checks and canceled payments. Returned checks will not be re-deposited.
Any additional fees for recitals, books and materials will be added to the invoice when appropriate.
Accepted payments are bank transfer, check or cash. Please make checks payable to “Bay Area School of Music”. Payments can be mailed to: Bay Area School of Music, PO Box 23358, San Jose CA 95153.
3. Tuition & Fees: “Summer Months” (6/1/2020 — 8/15/2020)
Students are required to take a minimum number of lessons (TBD) during the summer to secure a spot for the following school year. Students wishing to take the summer off are considered a drop and forfeit their lesson day/time.
To accommodate extended vacations, lessons can be doubled or scheduled two or more times a week based on teacher’s availability.
All summer lessons must be scheduled and paid for in advance.
4. Canceled Lessons
There are no refunds and no credits for Lessons or Classes that are missed or canceled by the Student, whether such cancellation is anticipated or unanticipated.
A credit will be issued ONLY if the teacher cancels and a substitute isn’t available or a suitable make-up time is impossible.
Students will be offered up to 4 make-ups, ONLY when 48-hour advance notice is given during the “School Year”.
All make-ups MUST be used before the end of the “School Year”, or they will be forfeit.
Make-Ups will only be scheduled ONCE. Students who miss their make-up time forfeit that lesson entirely.
Online scheduling does not permit unlimited reschedules.
6. Lessons and Class Policy
All lessons and classes will be held weekly according to the 2019-2020 BASOM Calendar.
Please arrive on time. Teachers will not provide extra time for late arrivals.
Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late forfeit their lesson time and no makeup, credit, or refund will be given.
Please ask questions at the beginning of the class. All conversations, discussions and questions concerning issues such as scheduling, curriculum, recitals, and so on, must occur within the scheduled lesson time.
Please respect the scheduled lesson times of other students.
Extra fees will be assessed if students are not picked up promptly at the end of each lesson/class.
Parents, siblings, grandparents, caregivers, and other persons may stay during the lesson at the Teacher’s discretion.
Bring required materials and books to each lesson. Repeatedly forgetting them may result in the need of purchasing another set.
Students are required to practice daily and complete written assignments before the next lesson.
Treat the Studio teacher, Studio personnel, other students, and Studio property respectfully.
The Studio will provide the Student with verbal or written warnings of breaches in Studio Policy, and the Student has the opportunity to correct or rectify such breaches. Repeated or frequent breaches may result in termination of lessons.
7. Termination of Lessons To terminate lessons, the Student must provide at least one month’s advance written notice to the Studio, during which month the tuition has been paid in full. Lessons are continuous and ongoing. The Student may terminate lessons for any reason. If the Student does not provide one month’s advance written notice, the Studio shall charge the Student, and the Student shall be liable for, one month’s tuition in full, even if no lessons are provided during that month. The Studio may also terminate lessons for any reason, at the sole discretion of the Studio. If the Studio terminates lessons, tuition will be pro-rated up to the last lesson taken and a refund provided, if applicable.
8. Waiver of Liability; Indemnification PARENT AND STUDENT HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE STUDIO, ITS OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES (“RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO ON-SITE OR OFF-SITE LESSONS, EVENTS, OR ACTIVITIES (“STUDIO PROGRAMS”), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
PARENT AND STUDENT AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, COSTS, LIABILITIES, OR DAMAGES AGAINST STUDIO ARISING OUT OF STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO PROGRAMS.
9. Dispute Resolution In the event of any dispute, claim, or disagreement (“Dispute”) arising from this Studio Policy and Agreement, the parties shall use their best efforts to settle the Dispute. To this effect, the parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith, and recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach such solution within a period of sixty (60) days, then upon notice by either party to the other, all Disputes shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. Severability If any term or provision of this Studio Policy and Agreement is illegal or invalid for any reason, such provision is severable from the rest and shall not affect the legality or validity of the remainder of this Studio Policy and Agreement.