I have 44 years of drumming experience, most as a professional. I love playing, but my passion is teaching others which I have been doing for the past 25 years. I am great with kids, and I have taught many adults. I have numerous students who developed into pro drummers.
My first six years drumming I studied with a member of the San Francisco Symphony who was also the house drummer at Bimbos in SF. Under his tutelage I developed a mastery of classical drums while also gaining an understanding of the modern approach to the drum set. I have had the honor to play with some top notch musicians over the years.
My teaching method includes:
- Reading all levels in both snare drum and full drum set Focused snare drum and sticking technique
- Focused drum set and “feet techniques”
- How to “groove”
- Fills, posture and relaxation techniques for greater speed and endurance
- One hour lessons include learning to “groove” with a bass player (via accompaniment on the Chapman stick)
- All levels are welcome and all styles are covered - rock, jazz, funk, swing, reggae, fusion, ska and more – just ask!
Professional experience includes drumming with The Square Roots, The Road Hogs, The Room Shakers and many others.